15-20 prawns; shelled, deveined and well seasoned with salt & pepper
1 shallot; minced
3 cloves garlic; thinly sliced
4-5 sundried tomatoes; do not rinse the oil and sliced
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1. Slow heat ‘A’ in a non stick pan. If you’re using electric stove, leave the heat at ‘2’ and let the oil slowly infuse for the next 30 – 40 minutes. Stir occasionally. 15 minutes before you are done with infusing the oil, cook ravioli as per instruction in a pot.
2. Increase the heat to medium, deglaze pan with white wine and cook until liquid is halved.
3. Add prawns into pan and cook until one side is pinked.
4. Turn prawns onto the other size and add spinach.
5. Drain raviolis and add into pan. Stir well so raviolis are well coated with oil.
6. Freshly grate some Parmigiano Reggiano on top and serve it while it’s hot.
1. I usually use 1 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil and 1 1/2 tbs butter HOWEVER, I know many prefer healthier version hence the recipe uses only extra virgin oil.
2. Omit prawns for vegetarian version, that’s NOT the main ingredient, the real star is the slow infused oil.
3. I never felt the need for salt for this recipe however, taste, taste and then taste again and adjust it to suit your palate.
Over the weekend: It rained and the weather has cooled down considerably. Little Tyke also discovered the joy of playing in the rain puddles…much to my chagrin. Rain puddles, mud and me don’t get along.
How was your weekend?