Red dresses never get old. If you want to look your best at an event or party, a red dress will never disappoint. But a red dress alone isn’t all you need to complete your look; pairing your dress with the right shoes can make all the difference.
So that brings us to the question, what color shoes go with a red dress?
Ultimately, the color of your shoes that go with a red dress depends upon multiple factors, such as your accessories, makeup, the kind of look you’re going for, and the shade of red you’re wearing. Generally, the shoe colors that look best with a red dress include nude or beige, gold, silver, black, white, and red.
Out of all the colors, which color is the best for wearing a red dress? Read on to find out!
What are the Best Shoe Colors to Wear with a Red Dress?
The shoe color that looks best with your red dress depends on the shade of red you’re wearing. But some shoe colors look just as stunning with every shade of red. These are:
- Nude/Beige: A nude or beige color that matches closest to your skin tone would look perfect with any red dress. Besides complementing your natural skin color, beige or nude shoes will bring your legs and make them look even more beautiful.
- Gold: If you want to feel like royalty, always pair your red dress with a nice pair of metallic golden shoes. Any shade of gold would blend seamlessly with your look. You can wear gold eyeshadow to match your dress.
- Silver: You can never go wrong with a pair of silver shoes. Not only does it look stunning, but it also highlights your dress. You can wear silver jewelry to match your silver shoes to complement your red dress.
- Black: Black and red is a classic combination loved by many. It creates a striking contrast that’s perfect for an evening look. However, you might want to avoid black shoes during the daytime.
- White: If you want a fresher look, white is the way to go. Not only does it look great during the day, white and red are the perfect combo for wearing in summers.
- Red: Match your red shoes with your red dress and enjoy the perfect crimson duo. But if both are red, be sure to get the exact shade of red as your dress to perfect your final look.
What are the Best Shoes to Wear with a Red Dress?
Now that you know what color shoes to get, you must also learn the shoe type to match your red dress. Here are a few options for you:
- Heels: Getting yourself a nice pair of textured heels to match with your red dress is a great option. Not only does it look elegant, but heels can define your legs. If you’re wearing a full dress, getting heels is a no-brainer.
- Flats: Surprisingly, flats look lovely with red dresses. But if you want to add something extra, you can always opt for a pair of gladiator-style flats to complement your knee-length dress. This looks particularly gorgeous when you wear gold or silver shoes.
- Stiletto: Nothing beats the elegance of a nice pair of stilettos. You can wear them with a flowy red dress at an evening party or for a night out with the girls.
- Sneakers: If you want to wear down your dress, wearing a pair of sneakers will help. White sneakers, in particular, look great with red dresses without making you look extra.
What Eyeshadow Looks Best with Red Dress?
Since red is already such a bold color, you might find it difficult to match your eyeshadow with it. Here are some options for you:
- Nude: Nude eyeshadow looks fabulous with a red dress. It can add a pop to your eyes without looking too much. You can apply brown to pink tones depending on your skin tone.
- Black: If you’re going for a bolder look or want to wear a nude lip color, black smokey eyeshadow would look wonderful with your red dress.
What Jewelry Looks Best with a Red Dress?
The beauty of a red dress is that it looks great with any jewelry. You can wear a chunky necklace or a set of large earrings with it, and it would still look stunning. You can even wear matching rings and bracelets to make a fashion statement.
Based on your shoe color and personal preferences, you can wear any jewelry item you want. Wear studs paired with a small pendant if you’re going for a more subtle look.
What Color Nail Paint Looks Best with a Red Dress?
Painting your nails red to match your red dress may seem like a good idea, but it can divert the attention from the dress. A better option would be to apply nude colors. They make your hands look elegant, plus they complement a red dress beautifully. If you want to experiment with different shades, you can match your shoe color.
For instance, wear black nail paint to create a red-black classic contrast if you’re wearing black shoes. You can also match the undertone of your red dress.
Can You Wear a Red Dress to a Wedding?
It depends on the preferences of the bride and groom. Generally speaking, wearing a red dress at a wedding is not a good option as it can steal the attention from the bride, which is frankly quite offensive.
Of course, if you wear more muted tones, it’s alright to wear it to a wedding. There are different shades such as berry, magenta red, and wine that you can wear to weddings if they’re not too eye-catching.
Simply put, nude shoes look the best with a red dress, but you can always wear different colors, including gold, silver, black, white, and red. Consider the range of colors that look amazing with a red dress; red shoes should be your last option.
Let us know in the comments what color shoes you wear with your red dress!